Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Please Help Save Our USPS

Here is a way to help save our USPS with just two letters with two stamps enclosed!

How can we, the common citizen, save such a big government agency as the United States Postal Service? This letter has two stamps enclosed. If you send one letter each to two of your friends (with two stamps enclosed in each letter), then they send a letter with two stamps enclosed to two of their friends, etc., etc., etc., within 6 months of the start, the USPS would have sold over $7.5 billion of stamps. If the effort continues, the USPS will be saved.

What will you receive for spending $1.76 for four stamps (2 stamps to 2 friends)? Not only will you know that you helped save the USPS, but you will also send a special letter to two of your friends. You may include up to five pages in an envelope with one stamp. Just think what your friends will think when they receive an actual letter. A letter that they can keep for years. Not an email that is read then lost in the computer files, or even deleted! Not a tweet on Twitter that is just read and then forgotten. Not a phone call that the information is seldom remembered in full.

Just think. A real letter for a real cause. Saving the USPS will show that the American Spirit is still strong. But, just what do you think? Is this a good idea? Is this something you can do? Please tell me. TIA

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me! If you don't have time to write a long letter, try sending a few postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save our USPS is a wonderful idea, and I write hundreds upon hundreds of letters every year. I am very enthusiastic about the concept.

    Since you've asked for opinions, and since I've been operating a snail-mail letter-writing site for a while now, I'll give you my two cents. I fully endorse the idea of writing more letters to support the post office, but I can't help thinking the concept proposed above sounds like a kind of chain letter.

    (This also pre-supposes that I am buying the stamps for the purposes of sending these letters, but I'm not - I have a huge stash of stamps already stockpiled. But not everybody is as weird like that as I am.)

    However, I am very keen on the idea of helping out the postal service, so I'm going to follow along and see how it goes, and wish you all the best of luck in your efforts.

    What about just writing ten letters to ten friends, telling them what they mean to you, and then encouraging them to do the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I write many letters and postcards and think that encouraging others to write letters is the way I'm going with my support of the USPS. I also give our postal workers verbal hugs. They need it.

    ReplyDelete